Chicago Museum Week returns for its second year Oct. 13 – 23 with discounted admission, exclusive offers and special programs. During the 11-day celebration, Illinois residents will receive 10 – 25 percent off admission at participating institutions.
Museum Week is a celebration of Chicago’s museums and cultural destinations that connect us with art, culture, history, science, animals and nature. It’s a chance to discover a new museum in Chicago, or rediscover a favorite one.
Special offers and activities include discounts on general admission and memberships, fall festivals, artist lectures, extended hours, free tours, new exhibits, educational programs and giveaways. Details are available at chicagomuseumweek.com.
Use the hashtag #ChicagoMuseumWeek to follow the celebration and to share your own Museum adventures. Tag the Bridgehouse Museum with #BHM, #TowerTurns10, and #BridgehouseMuseum!
Participating museums this year include:
• The Adler Planetarium
• The Art Institute of Chicago
• Chicago History Museum
• DuSable Museum of African American History
• The Field Museum
• Lincoln Park Zoo
• Museum of Contemporary Art
• Museum of Science and Industry
• National Museum of Mexican Art
• National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture
• The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
• Shedd Aquarium
New for 2016:
• Bronzeville Children’s Museum
• Chicago Children’s Museum
• Chicago Design Museum
• DePaul Art Museum
• Glessner House Museum
• Haitian American Museum of Chicago
• Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art
• Loyola University Museum of Art
• McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
• Museum of Broadcast Communications
• National Hellenic Museum
• National Veterans Art Museum
• Oriental Institute Museum
• Smart Museum of Art
• Swedish American Museum